Pujya Tapaswi Sri Jagjivanjee Maharaj Chakchu Chikitsalaya, Petarbar is a Charitable Eye Hospital which today sets an example of a selfless service to the society by a noble organization, the inspiration of Shree Jayant Muniji Maharaj under whose supervision the hospital was established way back in 1981. It was then, when He had finally decided to serve the needy persons of the Tribal area of Jharkhand after having wandered vast stretches of land throughout the country as a Jain Saint.
Pujya Tapaswi Sri Jagjivanjee Maharaj Chakchu chikitsalaya Trust is mainly running the hospital in petarbar, a small place with mainly tribal and backward population located on the way from Bokaro to Ramgarh, as a huge organization well equipped with the latest technologies and facilities including the ones like Phocoemulsification, Corneal Grafting, B-Scanning and Laser Units.
The financial needs and requirements of the organizationare readily satisfied by the donations in the state, country and abroad. The donations for the hospital are exempted U/S 35 AC & 80G of Income Tax Act. The hospital is also registered under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act to receive donations in foreign countries.
The achievements and works of the organization undoubtedly reflects its humanitarian motto of service to mankind. A brief note on the nature of activities carried out and the area of work done by the organization are given below.....
Eye Hospital - The organization is running a charitable eye hospital in tribal and rural areas within 200kms. with its unique and miraculous work e.g. Eye Bank, Corneal Transplantation, Cataract Surgery, Intraoccular Lense Implantation, Phacoemulsification etc. for which no charges is paid by the beneficieries. During the period of stay at the hospital for operation, accomodation, medicine, food, operation, Lens, postoperative care, dressing and spectacles are provided free of cost to the patients. Free medicines are also provided to outdoor patients.
The hospital also organizes free eye checkup camps at schools and villages for giving eye treatment to needy and poor people of this adivasi tribal area.
The hospital now holds a proud record of having operated more than 35000 cataract operations and performing numerous I.O.Ls including Phacoemulsification with foldable I.O.L. and Glaucoma operations. Also about 3,50,000 patients have been given relief by outdoor checkups.
THE PERFORMANCE REPORT OF THE HOSPITAL FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS----
! Year !! UOTDOOR PATIENT !! CATARACT OP.(ICCE) !! CATARACT OP.(I.O.L.&PHACO) !! MINOR OP.
| 2008-2009 || 17379 || 23 || 978 || 82
| 2009-2010 || 17673 || 00 || 1324 || 292
| 2010-2011 || 19774 || 00 || 1553 || 466
2. EYE BANK --- The organization has also established an EYE BANK named 'PIYUSH EYE BANK' so as to regularly perform corneal transplantation by playing a leading role in the entire state of Bihar , Bengal and Jharkhand. The hospital has restored vision of 28 number of blind persons till now and a number of people have already registered themselves for this noble cause.
3. DENTAL DEPARTMENT --- The organization is also running a dental department as there is no arrangement in and around petarbar to treat dental patients. The hospital is fully equipped for giving free dental treatment with Dentist Chair and all necessary instruments.
4. EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT AND TRANSPORTATION -- There is no modern hospital in petarbar and many times serious and accidental patients need emergency medical/surgical treatment then hospital provides them ambulence facilities to nearby hospital at Ranchi and Bokaro. They maintain a ready supply of Oxygen Gas Cylinder, which has saved many human lives.
5. EDUCATION--- Besides the medical activities SHREE JAYANT MUNIJI's divine inspiration for the 'NETRA JYOTI' turned his vision to 'GYAN JYOTI' by undertaking education. One primary and one High School with hostel in Rajgir, Bihar, One school having classes upto 10+2 with 1500 students at Bokaro Steel City, One school at petarbar with 500 students and many small schools in interior villages are being run. All in the name of 'Pujya Tapaswi Jagjivanjee Maharaj'
The organization has also started a 'Smt. Pushpa Devi Jain Scholarship Fund' so that all the needy children from backward classes can be given education in their school through matchindg scholarship. Their motto is to ensure that no deserving poor student is deprived of the valueable education because of lack of fund.
6. DISTRIBUTION OF TRI CYCLE --- The organization also distributes tricycle to the handicapped poor people. 56 no. of tricycles have been distributed and in near future the organization is going to provide artificial limbs and calipers to the handicapped.
7. DISTRIBUTION OF WOOLEN SWEATER & BLANKETS ---- The organization also distributes woolen sweater, blankets etc. to the poor and needy people in this region in winter.
8. BAL BHOJ ---- The organization has also been serving sweets, fruits and food to about 600 to 700 numbers every months to the poor children for the last 25 years.
9. COW DISTRIBUTION --- Under Gow Dan scheme, the organization distributes cows among the poor vegetarian families for their livelihood. 101 nos. of cows have been distributed.
10. VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME ---- The organization has adopted a village 'RUKAM' for all basic development.